Following Government guidance, the British Acupuncture Council have stipulated certain measures that must be in place to practice acupuncture and these will remain in place until further notice. As you can imagine, we have been working hard at the clinic to make sure it is Covid-19 secure to keep us all as safe as possible.
• All appointments must be booked via myself (not reception). You will be asked to consent to treatment, even if you have attended many times in the past.
• You will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms in yourself or in others in your household before every treatment.
• Part of the appointment will be done remotely during a booked slot over the telephone. This is to minimise the amount of time we have in contact with each other face to face. I will ask about your current symptoms and your general health. Tongue diagnosis will not routinely be done in clinic so I may ask for a picture of your tongue to be sent. The treatment in the clinic will included pulse diagnosis and acupuncture and I will leave the room whilst the needles are in.
• If you are arriving by car, please wait in your vehicle and I will text you when it is time for your appointment. Please arrive just in time for your appointment, not too early.
• Appointments at the clinic will be spaced out with at least 15 minutes between them. This gives me time to air the room, clean down any surfaces that may have been touched and to avoid you meeting anyone on your way in or out.
• Please maintain a social distance from all other people in the clinic. The only exception to this is during treatment. For social distancing reasons, unless you require assistance for specific support and care needs, we ask you to come alone for the appointment where possible. Please leave accessory items (bags and coats) in the car, or travel with as little as possible. The clinic is operating a one way system.
• You will be provided and asked to use hand sanitiser on your arrival (you may wash your hands if you prefer) and I will open any doors for you. I will wash my hands before and after treating you as per normal.
• The preferred method of payment for acupuncture is now contactless card payment or bank transfer. Cash/cheques will still be accepted
• I am required to wear a mask whilst I am treating you and there may be occasions where it will be necessary for me to wear gloves, apron and visor.
• You are required to provide and wear a single-use disposable surgical mask whilst in the clinic (cloth face coverings are not permitted for acupuncture appointments).
• If you have any symptoms of Coronavirus; a new cough, or a fever, or a loss of sense of smell or taste or are needing to self-isolate as you live with someone who is affected, please cancel your appointment. There will be no cancellation fees.
There are people who will need to consider if they need treatment or whether staying at home is still the best course of action. This guidance changes as we move to different levels of threat from Covid-19 and I urge all my clients to check the up to date advice from the government.
For clinically extremely vulnerable people click here
For clinically vulnerable people click here
These are unprecedented times for us all and we must adapt our ways of living and working for the health of everyone. If you have any questions, please get in touch.